MARSSE (pronounced as "mar-say") Tropical Timber is one of the largest hardwood sustainable plantations in the Philippines.
It is a family-owned and operated mature tree farm in Pangasinan, Philippines. Registered at the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR-Region1) as a tree plantation and a sustainable timber source in the Philippines, it provides tropical hardwood trees, mainly Honduras Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla), to local timber markets. It promotes sustainable management of forest plantations as well as promotion of modern forest technologies.
Ongoing since 1992, the tree plantation now has over 125,000 Honduras Mahogany, a sprinkling of Teak and other hardwood trees. The rolling terrain tree plantation is located in the Northern Philippine region of Luzon, in the province of Pangasinan, and municipality of Umingan.
Its mission is the development of sustainable tree plantations in the Philippines. They work to:
1. Preserve the renewable hardwood resource in the Philippines by continuously developing barren land into sustainable tree plantations.
2. Contribute to the health and ecological balance in the region and in the world. Existing vegetation and wildlife in the plantation is protected to maintain and nurture the eco-diversity of the environment.
3. Provide local job opportunities within the tree plantation. Plantation workers are from the immediate town communities.
4. Advocate sustainable tree farming by conducting Sustainable Tree Farming Seminars to educate small to large scale farmers and land owners on sustainable tree farming, and buying sustainably farmed logs from tree farmers at fair and competitive prices.
We are tree farmers. We are committed to developing sustainable tree plantations that ensure a future where the need for wood is met in harmony with nature.
MARSSE Tropical Timber has been awarded the Philippine Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Likas Yaman Award for Environmental Protection in 2011, and for Responsible Forestry in 2003.
1. Honduras Mahogany round logs, square logs, rough sawn timber, processed lumber.
2. SustainablyMade kitchen and home accessories, and custom wooden products.
3. Sustainable Tree Farming Seminars and consulting services.
4. Honduras Mahogany and Teak seeds for sale.
Browse through our Facebook Albums to read more about our features in Manila Bulletin, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Manila Standard, Philippine Star, Panorama Magazine, Agriculture Magazine, and IBC 13.
To inquire about our Sustainable Tree Farming Seminar (January-May) and for other inquiries, you may contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also learn more about us, like us and follow us at: